Introduction to Telehealth Rehabilitation
Instructor: Tracey L. Davis MOT, OTR/L
Introduction to Telehealth Rehabilitation is an introductory level course designed for Physical and Occupational Therapists to learn more about the emerging niche of telehealth as a service delivery model. Therapists will be able to gain insight into the benefits of this unique field and how to incorporate virtual therapy into an existing practice or get started in a new career as a telehealth therapist. Current research and how it can be applied to practice will enable therapists to gain confidence adapting their skill sets to the virtual world.
At the end of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize what types of treatments would be considered telehealth
- Understand the official position of AOTA or APTA regarding telehealth, as well as current outcomes measures
- Adapt basic therapeutic activities for use in the telehealth model
- Identify which clients would be ideal for telehealth, and what contraindications might exist
- Know what next steps to take to get started as a telehealth therapist
Click here for more information and to register for this course!